Well, it's almost time to climb in the car for our last trip of the summer. Usually White Lake is the first trip of the summer, so this is a little unfamiliar feeling. And we're going to a new house. Have I mentioned I am resistant to change? I still cringe every time I go to my home church and see the interior walls painted pale pale lilac, and think of the layout of the old building - the new one still confuses me a little.But the times they are a changin'
One thing that is the same about White Lake... people I love, fun games, and a big table full of snack foods that will make you feel a little guilty all year.
This year I am making pine bark, with a twist:
35 saltine crackers; 1 cup butter; 1 cup brown sugar; 1/2 tsp almond extract; ~16 oz M&Ms, crushed in food chopper
Boil butter and sugar for 2-3 minutes; remove from heat and add almond extract. Pour over saltines (salt side up) in greased & foil lined pan. Bake for 5 minutes at 400 degrees. Sprinkle chocolate bits over, and spread when chocolate melts. Cool, crack, and cool some more.
Usually I use semi-sweet chocolate bits, but I think this will be fun and delicious. We'll see.
Off to cook some candy!
No comments:
Post a Comment